Facebook cover videos are a new promotional tool for digital marketers, businesses owners, and online personalities.
Facebook cover videos are similar to cover photos, which occupy the space at the top of your Facebook Page. The videos automatically start playing in mute when someone visits the page. Visitors have the option to click to unmute or expand to play the video full screen.
Getting started with Facebook cover videos is fairly simple. To change your cover image to a video, hover your pointer over the current image and click on the “Change Cover” button. A menu will appear and present the video options: “Choose from Videos” and “Upload Photo/Video”.
Here are a few tips and things you should know when you are uploading and setting up your video:
The cover image is wider than a standard video, upload your video and then you can drag and drop it and/or crop it to the correct size. Try to use video that has the most important content in the middle of the image so it is not cut off.
- Videos must be at least 20 seconds long but no longer than 90 seconds.
- Facebook recommends you use dimensions of 820 x 312 pixels.
- Your video should be 1080p.
- You’ll need to choose a thumbnail image for your Facebook Cover Video. Choose something that shows what the video is about and teases/encourages people to click play on your video.
- A Facebook cover video is set to loop by default, which means you need to pay attention to how the end of the video and the beginning can be blended together to prevent an awkward transition. If you don’t want the video to loop, you can opt to turn off the feature.
It’s also important to remember that for the time being, the Facebook cover videos feature is only available for Facebook Pages, which means you can’t use it on a personal profile. There is no word as of yet as to when it will be rolled out for Facebook profiles.
Facebook Cover Videos Examples
Sources: JumperMedia: https://jumpermedia.co/facebook-cover-videos/ · Socially Sorted: https://sociallysorted.com.au/facebook-cover-videos/